Forecasts + analytical models
We analyse data, develop forecasts, and build predictive models to shed light on markets and the behaviour of firms and consumers. This supports investment and operational decisions, strategic planning, and litigation.
We use sophisticated econometric methods to identify patterns in complex datasets. We are skilled at presenting our analysis in simple charts and graphics, and we make all our analysis open and transparent.
Some examples of our forecasting and analytical work include:
- Projections of the demand for water in Auckland for Watercare Services. This has informed long-term planning for investment in water supply infrastructure and revenue projections.
- Modelling the impacts on industry profits and activity levels as a result of changes in energy prices, for the Ministry of Economic Development.
- Estimating the effects of public information campaigns on consumer switching behaviour in retail electricity markets, for the New Zealand Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.
- Projections of port throughput as input to a port company’s application for expansion capital, for an Australian port company.
- Forecasting transport activity and associated government revenues, for the Ministry of Transport.
- Forecasting demand for electricity and gas connections in Auckland.